Works Approval Documentation
AquaSure has prepared a number of fact sheets which provide information on various elements of the Victorian Desalination Plant including its design and constrcution, the desalination process, water treatment and energy and the environment.
View Fact Sheets
CEO’s Project Updates
The CEO’s Project Update provides updates on the VDP and a forum for AquaSure CEO Matt Brassington to respond to questions posed by members of the community.
View CEO’s Project Updates
Environmental Managament Plan
The Environmental Management Plan (EMP) covers the design, construction, operation and maintenance phases of each project component. The EMP identifies the key environmental issues across the project and provides strategies and plans for managing them effectively. It also defines the legal requirements for the project and identifies the regulatory permits and licences required for construction activities.
View Environmental Managament Plan
Flora and Fauna Reports
View Flora and Fauna Reports
Marine Structures Works Approval
EPA Victoria provided approval to AquaSure to proceed with construction of the marine outlet and diffuser structures for the Victorian Desalination Project. As part of EPA’s assessment AquaSure was required to submit final plans and specifications, results of a biological survey, hydrodynamic modelling and a toxicity assessment supporting the final location of the marine outlet and design of the diffuser structures. These documents, including technical reports and drawings, can be viewed below.
- Marine Outlet and Diffuser Works Approval Conditions Report
- Hydrodynamic Modelling Report
- Tracer Modelling Addendum - Hydrodynamic Modelling
- Biology Assessment for Siting Design
- Ecotoxicology Assessment
- Outlet Structures Site Selection Report
- Framework for Calibration of Test Method Report
- Works Notification - Water Discharge
- Marine Structure Locations - Modelled Options
- Potential Siting Area - Intake and Outlet Structures
- Locality Plan - Reference Project and Proposed Marine Locations
- Comparison of Salinity Contours against Reference Design
- Marine Outlet and Diffuser Detailed Design
- Outlet Structures and Risers - General Arrangement
Noise Emissions Works Approval
EPA Victoria has advised AquaSure that the design of the Victorian Desalination Project meets the EPA’s performance requirements relating to noise emissions. As part of EPA’s assessment AquaSure was required to submit noise propagation modelling, site plans and equipment specifications. This information is contained in the following documentation.